Bauhaus-Universität Weimar

INSTITUTE OF PHARMACOLOGY 
UNIVERSITY OF TÜBINGEN 
BY 
Carl Jacobj, M.D. 
DIRECTOR 
In the year 1907 when the authorities of Württemberg 
decided to found a professor's chair in pharmacology in 
the State University of Tübingen, there arose at the 
same time the need of an independent pharmacological 
institute for modern instruction and scientific research 
in this field. Since a large new building for the Eye 
Clinic, an urgent long-felt need, was nearing comple¬ 
tion, its old building was soon available The open 
location of this building, opposite the Botanical Garden, 
next to the University library and auditorium, and in 
the immediate vicinity of the clinics, was regarded as 
particularly suitable for a pharmacological institute. 
Therefore the simplest and most appropriate thing to 
do was to remodel this old but spacious building, adapt¬ 
ing the rooms to the modern demands of a pharmaco¬ 
logical institute. 
The author was elected first director of the chair of 
pharmacology of the future institute and the working 
out of the plans for the building fell to him. The costs 
of the alterations were comparatively low (29,000 
Fig. 1.—Institute of Pharmacology, University of Tübingen
        

Nutzerhinweis

Sehr geehrte Benutzer,

aufgrund der aktuellen Entwicklungen in der Webtechnologie, die im Goobi viewer verwendet wird, unterstützt die Software den von Ihnen verwendeten Browser nicht mehr.

Bitte benutzen Sie einen der folgenden Browser, um diese Seite korrekt darstellen zu können.

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.